Monday, May 18, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 05.19.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday May  19, 2020

From Waynesville, NC


“In a garden we remove or control undesirable weeds;
in my personal sobriety, I remove the things that have been blocking me;
and in my home group, by means of group inventory,
I do something about the things that cause problems.
~Grapevine: London, Ontario, February 1992

"Sixty years ago I knew everything;
now I know nothing;
education is a progressive discovery
of our own ignorance."
~Will Durant

Man plans God laughs, and that’s a good thing.
When God’s laughter is the answer to your prayers
you can be sure to be blessed with something
much much better in the future. 
~Prayables


How beautiful it is to do nothing...and rest afterward.
~Spanish Proverb

Big Book Quote


"Reminding ourselves that we have decided to go to any lengths to find a spiritual experience, we ask that we be given strength and direction to do the right thing, no matter what the personal consequences may be."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 79~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

Jerry Jones and Sandy Beach
Usual Suspects Men's Retreat –
Camp Garner Creek –
Dickson, TN ~
April 20-22, 2007

Q & A 2




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

MAY  2020 Miracles

5/1 Stacey E. (Dothan, AL)…..14
5/1 Becky W. ()…..11
5/1 Rhonda B. (Texas)…..19
5/1 Bryan E. (NYC, NY)…..6
5/2 Eddie C. (Southampton, UK)…..20
5/2 Steve W. (Cape Cod)…..5
5/2 Marcia U. (Waynesville, NV)…..24
5/4 Regina M. (New York, NY)…..22
5/4 Melanie R. (NYC, NY)…..7
5/4 Jim L. (Waynesville, NC)…..1
5/4 Patrick R. (Happy Valley, MA)…..9
5/5 Ricky M. (Palm Coast, FL)…..6
5/5 Denny M. (Leesburg, FL)…..38
5/5 Susanna W. (Princeton, IN)…..31
5/7 Anthony A. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..24
5/7 Leo H. (Wales, UK)…..15
5/7 Echo W. (Lake City, CO)…..3
5/8 Elizabeth H. (Brick, NJ)…..10
5/8 Mark C. (Kodak, TN)…..6
5/8 Rossana G. (East Lansing, MI)…..26
5/8 Mickey B. (Southampton, NY)…..32
5/9 Stuart, O. (Springfield, VA)…..8
5/10 Randy Y. (Chattanooga, TN)…..1
5/10 Steven N. (Northport, FL)…..8
5/10 Rick P. (Seabrook, NH)…..13
5/10 John H. (Miami, FL)…..38
5/10 Jim P. (Carmel, CA)…..9
5/11 Sarah D. (New York City)…..1
5/11 Vaugn T. (Gladstone, NJ)…..16
5/12 Beth N. (Orlando, FL)…..23
5/12 Pat P. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..14
5/13 Gary V. (Portage, IN)…..34
5/13 Linda K. (Deerfield, IL)…..34
5/14 Kathy S. (Atkinson, NH)…..31
5/15 Orry M. (Norwalk, CT)…..1
5/15 Tricia (Rye, NY)…..26
5/15 Bill O. (East Hampton, NY)…..16
5/15 Chris W. (Stuart, Fl./Sao Pedro DaAldeia RJ, Brasil).....31
5/16 Donna K. ()…..1
5/17 Deanna P. (Ellsworth, ME)…..4
5/17 Sanjay C. (Astoria, NY)…..2
5/17 David “Livin’ My Dream” H. (Lewisburg, PA)…..30
5/17 Alan T. (University Park, FL)…..27
5/17 Kimberly K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..2
5/17 John C. (East Hampton, NY)…..19
5/17 Lisa B/ (Paris, KY/Punt Gorda, FL)…..9
5/18 Jessica H. (Boca Raton, FL)…..2
5/19 Rachelle S. ()…..27
5/20 Kay W. (Amarillo, TX)…..1
5/20 Capt. Jeff E. (Pensacola, FL)…..8
5/21 Frank S. (NYC)…..2
5/22 Jamie S. (Mamaroneck, NY)…..18
5/23 Leo B. (Cleveland, OH)…..29
5/24 Harry K. (Velez, Spain)…..27
5/26 Mark D. (South Berwick, ME)…..17
5/26 Drew P. (Huntersville, NC)…..5
5/26 Jerry S. (NYC, NY)…..38
5/26 Kate W. (Cape Cod)…..5
5/26 Lisa F. (NYC, NY)…..16
5/26 Lee T. (Clinton, CT)…..29
5/26 Monica F. (LA, CA)…..3
5/27 Ryan W. (Nantucket, MA)…..2
5/27 Becki V. (Waynesville, NC)…..8
5/28 Susan L (Westhampton, NY)…..7
5/28 Phil K. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
5/28 Heather M. D. (St Stephen, NB, Canada)…..30
5/29 Harvey P. (Burlington, VT)…..12
5/29 Allen V. (Phoenicia/Astoria. NY)…..12
5/29 Kathleen S. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..19
5/29 B.S. Billy (Portsmouth, RI)…..22
5/29 George B. (Cleveland/Key Largo, FL)…..7
5/31 Art D. (Mequon, WI)…..36
5/31 Rhoda M. (East Hampton, NY)…..14
5/31 Irene L. (Lamoine, ME)…..32


1132  Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

Now, what of prayer? Prayer is the raising of the heart and mind to God--and in this sense it includes meditation. How may we go about it? And how does it fit in with meditation? Prayer, as commonly understood, is a petition to God. Having opened our channel as best we can, we try to ask for those right things of which we and others are in the greatest need. And we think that the whole range of our needs is well defined by that part of Step Eleven which says: "...knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out." A request for this fits in any part of our day.

p. 102


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Fellowship is a big part of staying sober. The doctors call it group
therapy. We never go to an A.A. meeting without taking something
out of it. Sometimes we don't feel like going to a meeting and we think
of excuses for not going. But we usually end up by going anyway and
we always get some lift out of every meeting. Meetings are part of
keeping sober. And we get more out of a meeting if we try to contribute
something to it. Am I contributing my share at meetings?

Meditation For The Day

"He brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set
my feet upon a rock and established my goings." The first part, "He
brought me up out of a horrible pit," means that by turning to God and
putting my problems in His hands, I am able to overcome my sins and
temptations. "He set my feet upon a rock" means that when I trust
God in all things, I have true security. "He established my goings"
means that if I honestly try to live the way God wants me to live, I will
have God's guidance in my daily living.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that my feet may be set upon a rock. I pray that I may rely on
God to guide my comings and goings.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Humility

"I am still arrogant, self-righteous, with no humility, even phony at times, but I'm trying to be a better person and help my fellowman. Guess I'll never be a saint, but whatever I am, I want to be sober and in A.A. The word 'alcoholic' does not turn me off any more; in fact, it is music to my ears when it applies to me."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 463

Thought to Consider . . .

"Many people haven't even a nodding acquaintance with humility as a way of life."
Bill W., Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 70

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

K I S S
Keep It Simple, Surrender




Daily Reflection

GIVING WITHOUT STRINGS
And he well knows that his own life has been made richer,
as an extra dividend of giving to another without any
demand for a return.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 69

The concept of giving without strings was hard to
understand when I first came into the program. I was
suspicious when others wanted to help me. I thought,
"What do they want in return?" But I soon learned the joy
of helping another alcoholic and I understood why they
were there for me in the beginning. My attitudes changed
and I wanted to help others. Sometimes I became anxious,
as I wanted them to know the joys of sobriety, that life can
be beautiful. When my life is full of a loving God of my
understanding and I give that love to my fellow alcoholic, I
feel a special richness that is hard to explain.



Pot Luck  


The Redemption
by Anthony de Mello


I become aware of my presence in this room,
of the sensations I experience in my body,
of the touch of the clothes I am wearing,
and the chair I am sitting on.
I become aware of the sounds all around me
and of my breathing.

And I think of the fact that I am living.

I imagine a fully alive plant or animal...
I think of a person who is fully alive.
What qualities do I find in this person?
For me, what does it mean to be fully a lot?

One thing is certain:
to be fully alive involves the renunciation
of one's past and one's future.

The past. Yesterday.
I cannot be alive if I cling to yesterday
for yesterday is a memory,
a creation of the mind.
It is not real.
So to live in yesterday is to be dead.

I therefore let go of my yesterdays,
my propensity for living in the past,
and if I cling to them
I shall once again be living in the past.
So I say goodbye to persons...
places...
occupations...
things...that I treasure from the past.
We shall never meet again
because when I return they will have changed,
I will have changed,
all will be different.
So, goodbye...
thank you and goodbye.

I have let go of my yesterdays.
I have still to dispossess myself of my tomorrows,
for the future, like the past, is dead
-a construction of the mind-
and to live in it is to be dead to here and now.
So I renounce my greed and all ambition
to acquire,
to achieve,
to become somebody in the future.
Life is not tomorrow, life is now.
so is love
and God
and happiness.

I think of things
I am greedy and ambitious for (tomorrow)
and imagine that I push them away.
A blessed relief, for when I drop my greed
I drop my bondage to anxiety
and am freed to be alive.
I take a while to let myself experience this relief
and freedom.

Having released myself
from the future and the past,
I come into the present
to experience life as it is now,
for eternal life is now,
eternal life is here:
I listen to the sounds around me...
I become aware of my breathing in and out
and of my body
so as to be as fully present as I can.







Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS



On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment