Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 04.23.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Thursday  April  23, 2020

From Waynesville, NC



Where others hoard - help.
Where others deceive - stand up for truth.
Where others are uncaring - be kind.
Jack Kornfield

Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself
that you have built against it.
~Rumi


As children,
all of our suffering came from the love we did not receive.
But as adults, all of our suffering comes from
the love we do not give.
~Henry Grayson


“The process of one alcoholic confiding in another
has without a doubt saved my life.
Nowhere else have I ever found such devotion and understanding
as with AA sponsoring.”
~Grapevine: Maspeth, New York, May 1998


Big Book Quote

"Faith without works is dead."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, Page 76~







Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

ENNIS P
Vero Beach
12 Steps
Tampa FL
Sobriety Date 1966




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

APRIL 2020 Miracles

4/1 Jack D. Hampton, NH)…..51
4/1 Kevin B. (Godshill, UK)…..32
4/1 Cary W. (Palm City, FL)…..13
4/1 Valerie A. (Phoenix, AZ)…..2
4/1 Ron F. (Cincinnati, OH)…..43
4/1 Joyce G. (Haverhill, MA)…..32
4/1 Janie C. (Lynbrook, NY)…..30
4/1 Ray D. (Hot Springs, NC/Exeter, NH)…..34
4/1 Brian N. (Diamondhead, MS)…..7
4/1 Sherry G. (Princeton, NJ)…..32
4/2 Justin L. (Waynesville, NC)…..2
4/2 Julian M. (St. Albans, UK)…..2
4/3 Leigh A. ()…..22
4/4 Tim D. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..9
4/4 Bob C. (Akron, OH)…..18
4/5 Mark S. (Southampton, Hants, UK)…..2
4/5 Tim F. (Hobe Sound, FL)…..31
4/6 Eugene R. (Barcelona, Spain)…..6
4/6 Nick E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..21
4/7 Mark V. (Indian Trail NC)…..5
4/7 Thorson R. (Wellington, FL)…..3
4/7 Madeleine M. (Groveland, MA)......37
4/7 Corry P. (New York)…..2
4/7 Walt C. (College Station, TX)…..6
4/7 Jane T. (Vancouver, BC)…..34
4/8 Paul K. (Akron, OH)…..16
4/8 Ashley G. (Miami, FL)…..8
4/8 Maureen K. (New Providence, NJ)…..10
4/9 Travis C. (Eureka, CA)…..1
4/9 Dayton H. (NYC, NY)…..30
4/9 Keith R. (Ixtlahaucan MX)…..1
4/9 Bobby M. (Smithtown, NY)…..5
4/10 Tony K. (Jacksonville, FL)…..3
4/10 Kevin L. (Cherry Hill, NJ)…..37
4/10 Chas T. (Aiken, SC)…..8
4/11 Diane L. (Panama City Beach, FL)…..42
4/11 Diane M. (Waynesville, NC/Jax, FL)…..12
4/11 Jeremy S. (Austin, TX)…..8
4/11 Emily W. (Astoria, NY)…..6
4/11 Jerry W. (Walker, LA)…..47
4/11 Chrissy M. (Succasunna, NJ)…..11
4/12 Kathy McQ. ()…..12
4/12 Kathleen M. (Kentucky)…..32
4/12 Lisa S. (Valley Cottage, NY)…..18
4/14 Barbara B. ()…..1
4/14 Sue B. (Waynesville, NC)…..10
4/15 Erin S. (Wayland/Nantucket MA)…..15
4/15 Kelly McG. (Edison, NJ)…..5
4/15 Larry R. (Westchester, NY)…..41
4/16 Angela S. (Dallas, TX)…..1
4/16 Lindsay P. (Minneapolis, MN)…..4
4/17 Jay M. (Cleveland. OH)…..6
4/17 Cecily T. (New York, NY)…..11
4/17 Vicky M. (Waynesville, NC)…..39
4/17 Frank T. (Rocky Point, NY)…..11
4/17 Vince K. (Palm City, FL)…..38
4/17 Rich W. (Evanston, IL)…..3
4/18 Steve Q. (Kauai, HI)…...12
4/18 Brad G. (St. Louis, MO)…..19
4/18 Liz A. (Westfield, NJ)…..9
4/18 Babs J. (Cannon Beach, OR)…..1
4/19 Joanna J. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..39
4/19 Lynn H. (Springfield, IL)…..38
4/19 Rex R. (Eureka, CA)…..6
4/21 Tom Mc. (Leesburg, FL)…..50
4/21 Elizabeth W. (The Main Line, PA)…..14
4/22 Becky S. (Knoxville, TN)…..10
4/22 Jeannie C. (Nantucket, MA)…..28
4/22 Jack C. (Conroe, TX)…..1
4/22 Ken D. (Dover Plains, NY)…..2
4/23 Dorothy V. (Placida, FL)…..16
4/23 Tom K. (Tampa FL/Canton, OH)…..25
4/23 Steve W. (Syracuse, NY/Indialantic, FL)…..15
4/24 Larry C. (Davenport, FL)…..30
4/24 Sam F. (New York City)…..2
4/24 Fran D. (Randolph, NJ)…..45
4/25 Mark S. (Port Crane, NY)…..5
4/25 Rourke H. (St Maarten, Dutch West Indies))…..21
4/26 Grainne F. (Dublin/Chaing Mai, Thailand)…..10
4/26 Margi W. ()…..3
4/26 Cliff M. (Newburyport, MA)…..10
4/27 Norma D. (Haverhill, MA).....9
4/27 Kathy C. (Princeton, NJ)…..12
4/27 Maureen (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
4/27 Nesem G. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..2
4/28 Brian C. (Davenport, FL)…..22
4/28 Laurie M. (New Jersey)…..35
4/28 Julie T. (Morristown, NJ)…..7
4/28 Bobby S. (South Boston, MA)…..18
4/28 Amanda S. (Newburgh, NY)…..2
4/29 Paul C. (New York/Florida)…..44
4/30 Sandra M. (Airdrie, Scotland)…..31


1599 Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Ten - "Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."

Disagreeable or unexpected problems are not the only ones that call for self-control. We must be quite as careful when we begin to achieve some measure of importance and material success. For no people have ever loved personal triumphs more than we have loved them; we drank of success as of a wine which could never fail to make us feel elated. When temporary good fortune came our way, we indulged ourselves in fantasies of still greater victories over people and circumstances. Thus blinded by prideful self confidence, we were apt to play the big shot. Of course, people turned away from us, bored or hurt.

pp. 91-92

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Men and women keep coming into A.A., licked by alcohol, often given
up by doctors as hopeless cases, they themselves admitting they're
helpless to stop drinking. When I see these men and women get sober
and stay sober over a period of months and years, I know that A.A.
works. The change I see in people who come into A.A. not only
convinces me that A.A. works, but it also convinces me that there
must be a Power greater than ourselves which helps us to make that
change. Am I convinced that a Higher Power can help me to change?

Meditation For The Day

Cooperation with God is the great necessity for our lives. All else
follows naturally. Cooperation with God is the result of our
consciousness of His presence. Guidance is bound to come to us as we
live more and more with God, as our consciousness becomes more and
more attuned to the great Consciousness of the universe. We must
have many quiet times when we not so much ask to be shown and led
by God, as to feel and realize His presence. New spiritual growth
comes naturally from cooperation with God.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that God may supply me with strength and show me the
direction in which He wants me to grow. I pray that these things may
come naturally from my cooperation with Him.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\   ~~   /)
(    \(
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Working With Others

"Life will take on a new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends - this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss it. Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 89

Thought to Consider . . .

S
ervice is spirituality in action.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H E L P
Hope, Encouragement, Love and Patience




Daily Reflection

A.A. IS NOT A CURE-ALL
It would be a product of false pride to claim that A. A. is a
cure-all, even for alcoholism
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 285

In my early years of sobriety I was full of pride, thinking
that A. A. was the only source of treatment for a good and
happy life. It certainly was the basic ingredient for my
sobriety and even today, with over twelve years in the
program, I am very involved in meetings, sponsorship and
service. During the first four years of my recovery, I found
it necessary to seek professional help, since my emotional
health was extremely poor. There are those folks too, who
have found sobriety and happiness in other organizations.
A.A. taught me that I had a choice: to go to any lengths to
enhance my sobriety. A.A. may not be a cure-all for
everything, but it is the center of my sober living.



Pot Luck  

"Wisdom is knowledge you learn after you know it all."

You couldn’t tell me anything before I entered recovery because I knew it all. I had all the answers for my life; I also had all the answers for your life, and I was quick to tell you about it. One of my favorite sayings back then was, “Those who think they know it all are really annoying to those of us who do!”


When I came into the program, I brought all my opinions into the rooms with me. At first I tried to do things my way and thought I had better answers than you. I mean, “Turn it over”? “Let go and let God”? That may work for you, but I was sure I knew better. Soon afterward, though, I was drunk.


When I finally admitted that I didn’t know how to stay sober, I became willing to admit that perhaps I didn’t know everything after all. That was the moment I became teachable, and it was the moment I began to recover. The longer I’m in the program, the more I realize that many times what I think I know just isn’t so. Today, I’m quick to admit that I don’t have all the answers, and when I do I become open to the wisdom that lies beyond.





Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS



On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners




ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment