Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 04.02.2020





Your Daily Reprieve for Thursday April  2, 2020

From Waynesville, NC



“Perched on the loftiest throne in the world,
we are still sitting on our own behind.”
~Montaigne

“If in order to get into AA we had had to meet any standards
more rigid than the one given in the Third Tradition,
who of us would be alive? Think of all the wonderful people,
including the nonconformists, eccentrics, and kooks
who make such valuable additions to our number,
who would have been kept out of AA if we had any requirement
for membership other than a desire to get well.”
~Grapevine: Manhattan, New York, January 1970

"Loneliness is not cured by human company.
Loneliness is cured by contact with reality."
- Anthony De Mello

"Life is a great and wondrous mystery,
and the only thing we know that we have for sure
is what is right here right now. Don't miss it."
~Leo Buscaglia


Big Book Quote


"Though we work out our solution on the spiritual as well as an
altruistic plane, we favor hospitalization for the alcoholic who is
very jittery or befogged. More often than not, it is imperative that
a man's brain be cleared before he is approached, as he has then
a better chance of understanding and accepting what we have to offer."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Doctor's Opinion, pg. xxvi~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

ADAM T.
2013



Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

APRIL 2020 Miracles

4/1 Jack D. Hampton, NH)…..51
4/1 Cary W. (Palm City, FL)…..13
4/1 Valerie A. (Phoenix, AZ)…..2
4/1 Ron F. (Cincinnati, OH)…..43
4/1 Joyce G. (Haverhill, MA)…..32
4/1 Janie C. (Lynbrook, NY)…..30
4/1 Ray D. (Hot Springs, NC/Exeter, NH)…..34
4/1 Brian N. (Diamondhead, MS)…..7
4/2 Justin L. (Waynesville, NC)…..2
4/3 Leigh A. ()…..22
4/4 Tim D. (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)…..9
4/4 Bob C. (Akron, OH)…..18
4/5 Mark S. (Southampton, Hants, UK)…..2
4/6 Eugene R. (Barcelona, Spain)…..6
4/6 Nick E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..21
4/7 Mark V. (Indian Trail NC)…..5
4/7 Thorson R. (Wellington, FL)…..3
4/7 Madeleine M. (Groveland, MA)......37
4/7 Corry P. (New York)…..2
4/7 Walt C. (College Station, TX)…..6
4/9 Travis C. (Eureka, CA)…..1
4/9 Dayton H. (NYC, NY)…..30
4/10 Tony K. (Jacksonville, FL)…..3
4/10 Kevin L. ()…..37
4/11 Diane L. (Panama City Beach, FL)…..42
4/11 Diane M. (Waynesville, NC/Jax, FL)…..12
4/11 Jeremy S. (Austin, TX)…..8
4/11 Emily W. (Astoria, NY)…..6
4/12 Kathy McQ. ()…..12
4/14 Barbara B. ()…..1
4/14 Sue B. (Waynesville, NC)…..10
4/15 Kelly McG. (Edison, NJ)…..5
4/16 Angela S. (Dallas, TX)…..1
4/18 Steve Q. (Kauai, HI)…...12
4/18 Brad G. (St. Louis, MO)…..19
4/19 Joanna J. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..39
4/21 Tom Mc. (Leesburg, FL)…..50
4/22 Becky S. (Knoxville, TN)…..10
4/22 Jack C. (Conroe, TX)…..1
4/24 Larry C. (Davenport, FL)…..30
4/24 Sam F. (New York City)…..2
4/24 Paul C. ()…..44
4/24 Fran D. ()…..45
4/25 Mark S. (Port Crane, NY)…..5
4/27 Norma D. (Haverhill, MA).....9
4/28 Brian C. (Davenport, FL)…..22
4/28 Bobby S. (South Boston, MA)…..18
4/30 Sandra M. (Airdrie, Scotland)…..31


0847 Total Years of Sobriety



12&12


Step Eight - "Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all."

Having carefully surveyed this whole area of human relations, and having decided exactly what personality traits in us injured and disturbed others, we can now commence to ransack memory for the people to whom we have given offense. To put a finger on the nearby and most deeply damaged ones shouldn't be hard to do. Then, as year by year we walk back through our lives as far as memory will reach, we shall be bound to construct a long list of people who have, to some extent or other, been affected. We should, of course, ponder and weigh each instance carefully. We shall want to hold ourselves to the course of admitting the things we have done, meanwhile forgiving the wrongs done us, real or fancied. We should avoid extreme judgments, both of ourselves and of others involved. We must not exaggerate our defects or theirs. A quiet, objective view will be our steadfast aim.

pp. 81- 82

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Since I've been in A.A., have I made a start toward
becoming more loving to my family and friends? Do I visit
my parents? Am I more appreciative of my spouse than I was
before? Am I grateful to my family for having put up with
me? Have I found real understanding with my children? Do I
feel that the friends I've found in A.A. are real friends?
Do I believe that they are always ready to help me and
do I want to help them if I can? Do I really care now about
other people?

Meditation For The Day

Not what you do so much as what you are, that is the miracle-
working power. You can be a force for good, with the help of
God. God is here to help you and to bless you, here to company
with you. You can be a worker with God. Changed by God's grace,
you shed one garment of the spirit for a better one. In time,
you throw that one aside for a yet finer one. And so from
character to character, you are gradually transformed.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may accept every challenge. I pray that each
acceptance of a challenge may make me grow into a better
person.




Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\  ~~~  /)
(     \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Procrastination

"After a preliminary trial at making amends, we may enjoy such a sense of relief that we conclude our task is finished. We will want to rest on our laurels. The temptation to skip the more humiliating and dreaded meetings that still remain may be great. We may just procrastinate, telling ourselves the time is not yet, when in reality we have already passed up many a fine chance to right a serious wrong. Let's not talk prudence while practicing evasion."
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 85
Thought to Consider . . .

P
rocrastination is really sloth in five syllables.
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 67

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

D E A D
Drinking Ends All Dreams





Daily Reflection

CHARACTER BUILDING
Demands made upon other people for too much attention,
protection, and love can only invite domination or
revulsion. . . .
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 44

When I uncovered my need for approval in the Fourth Step,
I didn't think it should rank as a character defect. I wanted
to think of it more as an asset (that is, the desire to please
people). It was quickly pointed out to me that this "need"
can be very crippling. Today I still enjoy getting the
approval of others, but I am not willing to pay the price I
used to pay to get it. I will not bend myself into a pretzel to
get others to like me. If I get your approval, that's fine; but
if I don't, I will survive without it. I am responsible for
speaking what I perceive to be the truth, not what I think
others may want to hear.
Similarly, my false pride always kept me overly
concerned about my reputation. Since being enlightened in
the A.A. program, my aim is to improve my character.



Pot Luck  

"Expectations are premeditated resentments."

Even after all my time in recovery, I often find that I still try to control people, places, and things. Even though the First Step teaches me about my powerlessness and the Third Step gives me direction for dealing with life, I still find myself resentful when things don’t go my way. And I can usually trace my resentments back to my expectations.

When I can get calm and take a sober look at a situation, I realize that my expectations are indications that I haven’t fully turned my will and life over to God. It means that I have tried to control everything again, and that I have forgotten my true role in life: to suit up and show up, do the best I can, and leave the results up to God. Since expectations are just results in disguise, it’s no wonder they so easily lead to resentments.

Today, I recognize expectations for what they are: reminders to refocus my energy and thoughts on the actions I am about to take, rather than trying to direct and control the results. It helps to work the First, Second, and Third Steps, as doing so allows me to remain open to God’s lessons and gifts that show up in the results. They are always there if I am open to them, and appreciating and learning from them keep me safe from unnecessary resentments.

Wisdom of the Rooms





Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


COVID-19 LINKS


List of Virtual Meetings & Speaker Archives

On Line Meetings Directory


Sybil

Elizabeth

Hugh

China AA Loners



ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment