Sunday, February 23, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.24.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Monday February  24, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


"Begin to be now what you will be hereafter."
~William James

Gratefulness is the keeper of a happy heart.
~Barbara Waque

“Joy comes from living the way
my conscience tells me to live.”
~Grapevine: Lombard, Illinois, February 1995


Pride makes us artificial
and humility makes us real.
~Thomas Merton


Big Book Quote

"If we skip this vital step (5th Step), we may not overcome drinking.
Time after time newcomers have tried to keep to themselves certain
facts about their lives. Trying to avoid this humbling experience,
they have turned to easier methods. Almost invariably they got drunk.
Having persevered with the rest of the program, they wondered why
they fell. We think the reason is that they never completed their
housecleaning. They took inventory all right, but hung on to some of
the worst items in stock. They only thought they had lost their
egoism and fear; they only thought they had humbled themselves. But
they had not learned enough of humility, fearlessness and honesty, in
the sense we find it necessary, until they told someone else all
their life story."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 72~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

MISSOON W.
Saratoga, FL
@Hilton Head
Mid-Winter Conference
January 24, 2020


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles

2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Mary Lou M. (Stuart, FL)…..27
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/1 Briar C. A. (Dallas, TX)…..7
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY)…..31
2/2 Edie P. (Methuen, MA)…..30
2/2 Jennifer W. (St. Mary’s, GA)…..4
2/2 Ryan D. (Phoenixville, PA)…..1
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..23
2/3 Fred W. (Honolulu, HI)…..29
2/4 Bob F. (New Rochelle, NY)…..5
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Rick J. (Rye, NY)…..28
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/6 Paul K. (Key Largo, FL/Cape Cod)…..36
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/7 Lorin C. (East Sandwich, MA)…..23
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/8 Kelly H. (Morristown, NJ)…..10
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/9 Darlene A. (Key Largo, FL)…..26
2/9 Jeff S. (Hillsdale, NJ)…..29
2/9 Jason G. (Dominical, Costa Rica)…..6
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)…..51
2/10 Dory (Waynesville, NC)…..4
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ)…..6
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra, VA)…..31
2/11 Steve B. (Wenham, MA)…..40
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Huston A. (Houston, TX)…..2
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY)…..6
2/12 Betty P. Valparaiso, IN)…..36
2/12 Nancy O. (South Jersey)…..8
2/12 Scott H. (New York, NY)…..4
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/14 Laura C. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
2/14 Charles V. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
2/14 Zach G. (Plymouth, MA)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/15 John T. (Connecticut)…..33
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/16 Nancy B. (North Port, FL)…..37
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/17 Noel S. (Harrison, NY)…..11
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
2/17 Luke R. (Bluffton, SC)…..19
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH)…..42
2/17 Greg J. (New York, NY)…..3
2/18 Allan C. (No. Andover, MA)…..9
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL)…..18
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/18 Marcia T. (Sag Harbor, NY)…..35
2/19 Debi K. East Norwich, NY)…..17
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/9 Joe R (Astoria, NY)…..3
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA)…..10
2/20 Jackie M. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
2/20 Dorothy (New York, NY)…..28
2/20 Mary S. (Apex, NC)…..18
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA)…..27
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL)…..22
2/22 Casey Q. (Manchvegas, NH)…..27
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL)…..13
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/23 Scott J. (Victorville, CA)…..6
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA)…..39
2/25 Bonnie A. (Cape Cod, MA)…..40
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/26 Jose R. (Sarasota, FL)…..26
2/26 Vaiva (Monterrey, CA)…..19
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/27 Julie M. (Amelia Island, FL)…..8
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY)…6
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..28
2/28 Matt M. (Pelham, NY)…..10
2/29 Royce Mc. (Unicoi, TN)…..24

1829 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Six - "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

When gluttony is less than ruinous, we have a milder word for that, too; we call it "taking our comfort." We live in a world riddled with envy. To a greater or less degree, everybody is infected with it. From this defect we must surely get a warped yet definite satisfaction. Else why would we consume such great amounts of time wishing for what we have not, rather than working for it, or angrily looking for attributes we shall never have, instead of adjusting to the fact, and accepting it? And how often we work hard with no better motive than to be secure and slothful later on-- only we call that "retiring." Consider, too, our talents for procrastination, which is really sloth in five syllables. Nearly anyone could submit a good list of such defects as these, and few of us would seriously think of giving them up, at least until they cause us excessive misery.

p. 67

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

When we came to our first A.A. meeting, we looked up at
the wall at the end of the room and saw the sign: " But
for the Grace of God." We knew right then and there that
we would have to call on the grace of God in order to get
sober and get over our soul-sickness. We heard speakers
tell how they had come to depend on a Power greater than
themselves. That made sense to us and we made up our minds
to try it. Am I depending on the grace of God to help keep me
sober?

Meditation For The Day

Share your love, your joy, your happiness, your time, your
food, your money gladly with all. Give out all the love you
can with a glad, free heart and hand. Do all you can for
others and back will come countless stores of blessings.
Sharing draws others to you. Take all who come as sent by
God and give them a royal welcome. You may never see the
results of your sharing. Today they may not need you, but
tomorrow may bring results from the sharing you did today.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may make each visitor desire to return. I pray
that I may never make anyone feel repulsed or unwanted.





Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Money Matters

M
oney gradually became our servant and not our master. It became a means of exchanging love and service with those about us. When, with God's help, we calmly accepted our lot, then we found we could live at peace with ourselves and show others who still suffered the same fears that they could get over them, too. We found that freedom from fear was more important than freedom from want.
c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 122

Thought to Consider . . .

It's more important to feel happy about who I am than who I think I should be.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H A L T
Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired


Daily Reflection

A THANKFUL HEART
/ try to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart
cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with
gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing
love, the finest emotion that we can ever know.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37

My sponsor told me that I should be a grateful alcoholic
and always have "an attitude of gratitude"—that gratitude
was the basic ingredient of humility, that humility was the
basic ingredient of anonymity and that "anonymity was the
spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us
to place principles before personalities." As a result of this
guidance, I start every morning on my knees, thanking God
for three things: I'm alive, I'm sober, and I'm a member of
Alcoholics Anonymous. Then I try to live an "attitude of
gratitude" and thoroughly enjoy another twenty-four hours
of the A.A. way of life. A.A. is not something I joined; it's
something I live.


Pot Luck  

Getting Caught

          When I was using, manageability meant not getting caught. Manageability meant getting by again, keeping the scam going, not letting on, admitting anybody else could catch on. Being cool - or at least looking cool.

               Now my life is different. Now I am out in the open. Now I have admitted that I am powerless. Now I’ve said I need help in living my life.

               Now I that I am serious about working my program I should be willing to get caught. I should be willing to admit that I could have done better at that job. That I wasn’t very pleasant company last night. That shouldn’t have acted out with that other driver. That I should have practiced the Twelve Steps instead of my anger, or my isolation or my pride.

               Who catches me? When I am really lucky I catch myself. I apply the Seventh Step (humbly asking that defects be removed) or the Ninth Step (making amends) or the Tenth Step (promptly admitting I am wrong)

               Other times people in the program catch me. Something I hear at a meeting will give me a sudden insight into my own behavior I’ll say to myself,  “Hey, the jerky thing that guy did, I’ve done that too.”

               Sometimes a sponsor or a fellow member will point out a defect in operation. Sometimes it will be a co-worker. Sometimes it will be a family member or a friend.

               But whoever catches me attests to the function of a Higher Power in my life. Whoever catches me shows me that I am not alone. When I get “caught” I learn that I am a part of the community in action. And in this case the action is helping me grow.




Stephen Beal, Editor, Stepping Stones to Recovery for Men





Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment