Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 02.20.20





Your Daily Reprieve for Thursday  February  20, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL


Little by little,
day by day,
what is meant for you
will find its way…
~Unknown

“Forgiveness has healed my soul.”
~Grapevine: May 2008

"Be a reflection of what you’d like to see in others.
If you want love, give love, if you want honesty, give honesty,
if you want respect, give respect.
You get in return, what you give!
Life is a mirror...choose the reflection you want to see daily!"
~Anonymous


"Any fool can try to defend his mistakes--and most fools do—
but it gives one a feeling of nobility to admit one's mistakes.
By fighting, you never get enough, but by yielding,
you get more than you expected."
~Lawrence G. Lovasik





Big Book Quote


"First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 62~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day


POLLY P
Jacksonville, FL
@ Southern States Women’s Conference
Jacksonville, FL
January 24, 2020




Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

February 2020 Miracles


2/1 Gillian L. (Brighton, UK)…..20
2/1 Diane O’D. (Buffalo, NY)…..7
2/1Mike P. (Floral Park, NY)…..32
2/1 Rachel B. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..5
2/1 Carol S. ()…..33
2/1 Mary Lou M. (Stuart, FL)…..27
2/1 Sean D. (Woodbury, NY)…..12
2/1 Briar C. A. (Dallas, TX)…..7
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY)…..37
2/2 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY)…..31
2/2 Edie P. (Methuen, MA)…..30
2/2 Jennifer W. (St. Mary’s, GA)…..4
2/2 Ryan D. (Phoenixville, PA)…..1
2/3 Joe G. (Ponte Vedra, FL)…..4
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL)…..6
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM)…..23
2/3 Fred W. (Honolulu, HI)…..29
2/4 Bob F. (New Rochelle, NY)…..5
2/5 Alan B. ()…..1
2/5 Rick J. (Rye, NY)…..28
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH)…..11
2/6 Nick D. (New York, NY)…..21
2/6 Paul K. (Key Largo, FL/Cape Cod)…..36
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT)…..20
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ)…..32
2/7 Vance H. (Jacksonville, AR)…..15
2/7 Lorin C. (East Sandwich, MA)…..23
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa. FL)…..43
2/8 Kelly H. (Morristown, NJ)…..10
2/9 Roberta C. (Cape Coral, FL)……6
2/9 Darlene A. (Key Largo, FL)…..26
2/9 Jeff S. (Hillsdale, NJ)…..29
2/9 Jason G. (Dominical, Costa Rica)…..6
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)…..51
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ)…..6
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra, VA)…..31
2/11 Steve B. (Wenham, MA)…..40
2/12 Gary S. (New York, NY)…..37
2/12 Huston A. (Houston, TX)…..2
2/12 Tom B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..30
2/12 Pamela H. (Sparta, TN)…..10
2/12 Julie K. (Wausau, WI)…..8
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY)…..6
2/12 Betty P. Valparaiso, IN)…..36
2/12 Nancy O. (South Jersey)…..8
2/12 Scott H. (New York, NY)…..4
2/13 Tom B. (Madeleine Island, WI)…..31
2/14 Richard B. (North Port, FL)…..10
2/14 Laura C. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..5
2/14 Charles V. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
2/14 Zach G. (Plymouth, MA)…..10
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK)…..15
2/15 Daniel H. (Tampa/Brandon, FL)…..34
2/15 John T. (Connecticut)…..33
2/16 Joanne L. (Waynesville, NC)…..14
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL)…..45
2/16 Nancy B. (North Port, FL)…..37
2/17 Jamie R. (Cape Cod, MA)…..5
2/17 Noel S. (Harrison, NY)…..11
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..9
2/17 Luke R. (Bluffton, SC)…..19
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH)…..42
2/17 Greg J. (New York, NY)…..3
2/18 Allan C. (No. Andover, MA)…..9
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL)…..18
2/18 Michael P. (Elmont, NY)…..28
2/18 Alex Z. (Houston, TX)…..5
2/18 Marcia T. (Sag Harbor, NY)…..35
2/19 Debi K. East Norwich, NY)…..17
2/19 Michelle T. (Bluffton, SC)…..1
2/9 Joe R (Astoria, NY)…..3
2/20 Arch S. (Chicago, IL)…..31
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA)…..10
2/20 Jackie M. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..14
2/20 Dorothy (New York, NY)…..28
2/20 Mary S. (Apex, NC)…..18
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA)…..27
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL)…..22
2/22 Casey Q. (Manchvegas, NH)…..27
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL)…..13
2/23 Daniel R. ()…..3
2/23 Scott J. (Victorville, CA)…..6
2/24 Betsy W. (Sarasota, FL)…..31
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA)…..39
2/25 Bonnie A. (Cape Cod, MA)…..40
2/26 John G. (Stuart, FL)…..35
2/26 Jose R. (Sarasota, FL)…..26
2/27 David H. (Rye, NY)…..31
2/27 Julie M. (Amelia Island, FL)…..8
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY)…6
2/28 Tony T. (Austin, TX)…..1
2/28 Polly S. (Clearwater, FL)…..28
2/28 Matt M. (Pelham, NY)…..10
2/29 Royce Mc. (Unicoi, TN)…..24

1806 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Six - "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

Some who feel they have done well may dispute this, so let's try to think it through a little further. Practically everybody wishes to be rid of his most glaring and destructive handicaps. No one wants to be so proud that he is scorned as a braggart, nor so greedy that he is labeled a thief. No one wants to be angry enough to murder, lustful enough to rape, gluttonous enough to ruin his health. No one wants to be agonized by the chronic pain of envy or to be paralyzed by sloth. Of course, most human beings don't suffer these defects at these rock-bottom levels.

p. 66


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Liquor used to be my friend. I used to have a lot of fun
drinking. Practically all the fun I had was connected
with drinking. But the time came when liquor became my
enemy. I don't know just when liquor turned against me
and became my enemy, but I know it happened, because I
began to get into trouble. And since I realize that liquor
is now my enemy, my main business now is keeping sober.
Making a living or keeping a house is no longer my main
business. It's secondary to the business of keeping sober.
Do I realize that my main business is keeping sober?

Meditation For The Day

I can depend on God to supply me with all the power I need
to face any situation, provided that I will sincerely
believe in that power and honestly ask for it, at the same
time making all my life conform to what I believe God wants
me to be. I can come to God as a business manager would
come to the owner of the business, knowing that to lay the
matter before Him means immediate cooperation, provided the
matter has merit.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may believe that God is ready and willing to
supply me with all that I need. I pray that I may ask only
for faith and strength to meet any situation.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Juggernaut

We who are alcoholics can consider ourselves fortunate indeed. Each of us has had his own near-fatal encounter with the juggernaut of self-will, and has suffered enough under its weight to be willing to look for something better. So it is by circumstance rather than by any virtue that we have been driven to A.A., have admitted defeat, have acquired the rudiments of faith, and now want to make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to a Higher Power.
c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 37-38


Thought to Consider . . .

If faith without works is dead, then willingness without action is fantasy.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

W H O
Willingness, Honesty, Openmindedness





Daily Reflection

THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER
At this juncture, his A.A. sponsor usually laughs.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 26

Before my recovery from alcoholism began, laughter was
one of the most painful sounds I knew. I never laughed and
I felt that anyone else's laughter was directed at me! My
self-pity and anger denied me the simplest of pleasures or
lightness of heart. By the end of my drinking not even
alcohol could provoke a drunken giggle in me.
When my A.A. sponsor began to laugh and point out my
self-pity and ego-feeding deceptions, I was annoyed and
hurt, but it taught me to lighten up and focus on my
recovery. I soon learned to laugh at myself and eventually I
taught those I sponsor to laugh also. Every day I ask God to
help me stop taking myself too seriously.



Pot Luck  

As Bill Sees It

Hope Born >From Hopelessness, p. 217

Letter to Dr. Carl Jung:

"Most conversion experiences, whatever their variety, do have a
common denominator of ego collapse at depth. The individual faces
an impossible dilemma.

"In my case the dilemma had been created by my compulsive
drinking, and the deep feeling of hopelessness had been vastly
deepened by my doctor. It was deepened still more by my alcoholic
friend when he acquainted me with your verdict of hopelessness
respecting Rowland H.

"In the wake of my spiritual experience there came a vision of a
society of alcoholics. If each sufferer were to carry the news of
the scientific hopelessness of alcoholism to each new prospect, he
might be able to lay every newcomer wide open to a transforming
spiritual experience. This concept proved to be the foundation of
such success as A.A. has since achieved."

Grapevine, January 1963


Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment