Monday, January 13, 2020

Your Daily Reprieve 01.14.20






Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday  January  14, 2020

From Jacksonville, FL



"I focus on what's really important in life.
Quality rather than appearance…
ethics rather than rules...
integrity rather than achievement…
serenity rather than acquisitions."
~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Learning is an upward, ever-evolving process.
We will never reach the point where we've learned all we need to know.
Every aspect of life contains lessons.
We can choose to discard them or to embrace them.
Lessons embraced lead to wisdom.
--Mary Manin Morrissey

We can stop waiting for others to give us what we need
and take responsibility for ourselves.
When we do, the gates to freedom
Will swing wide.
Walk through.
--Melody Beattie

“The first thing my sponsor told me was,
‘I don’t have time to help you stay sick ...
but if you want to get better I’d be glad to help.”
~Grapevine: Temple, Texas, October 1990


Big Book Quote

"Doubtless you are curious to discover how and why, in the face of
expert opinion to the contrary, we have recovered from a hopeless
condition of mind and body. If you are an alcoholic who wants to get
over it, you may already be asking What do I have to do?"

It is the purpose of this book to answer such questions specifically.
We shall tell you what we have done.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, Page 20~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

MICHAEL B.
Kansas City
@Georgia State Convention
October, 1982


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net



YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

January 2020 Miracles

1/1 Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..36
1/1 Severine W. (Sacramento, CA)…..3
1/1 Elena C. (NYC, NY)…..4
1/1 Nancy W. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..32
1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL)…..31
1/1 Jessica C. (NYC, NY)…..6
1/1 Deirdre K. (Madison, NJ)…..15
1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..15
1/1 Ray A. (Surrey, BC, Canada)…..2
1/1 Lauren B. (Basking Ridge, NJ)…..2
1/1 Terrance R. (Morris Plains, NJ)…..26
1/2 Joe B. (Jacksonville, FL)…..6
1/2 Robbie H. (White Rock, BC)…..7
1/2 Brian C. (Port Washington, NY)…..4
1/2 Mercedes G. (Tampa. FL)…..1
1/2 Joe D. (NYC,NY)…..1
1/2 Tara H. (Scarsdale, NY)…..5
1/2 Gregory B. (New York, NY)…..8
1/3 Billy M. (Louisville, KY)…..41
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..42
1/3 Grace C. (Stuart, FL)…..29
1/4 Nicola H. (Hertfordshire, UK)…..1
1/4 Kevin J. (RI)…..29
1/5 Donna M. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..46
1/5 Paola V. (London, UK)….14
1/5 Gwen F. (Key West, FL)…..12
1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX)…..8
1/6 Mike S. (Jacksonville, FL)…..14
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..14
1/6 David M. (Las Vegas, NV)…..24
1/6 Ann OK-B (Stuart FL/Greenwich, CT)…..41
1/6 George R. (Stratham, NH)…..8
1/6 Karen F. (Clinton, NJ)…..2
1/7 Alexis E. (East Twickenham, UK)…..18
1/7 Ray W. (Long Island)…..8
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..22
1/7 Luke T. (Nantucket, MA)…..1
1/7 Liz O. (New York, NY)…..16
1/8 Alan J. (Stone Ridge, NY)…..12
1/8 Lou S. Sarasota, FL)…..7
1/9 Tefft W. (Washington, DC)…..35
1/9 Ginger E. (Southern Pines, NC)…..11
1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY)…..20
1/10 Paula B. (Charleston, SC)…..37
1/10 Janice E. (Corpus Christi, TX)…..20
1/10 Tom D. (Dallas, TX)…..29
1/12 Padraic O. (Whistler, BC, Canada)…..7
1/12 David F. (Windermere, BC, CA)…..7
1/12 Shabab N. (Bethesda, MD)…..17
1/12 Lynne C. (Three Bridges, NJ)…..14
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..7
1/13 Robbie H. (FL/VA)…..38
1/13 Ken R. (Norfolk, MA)…..17
1/13 John E. (Reading, UK)….5
1/13 Brian G. (Ridgewood, NJ)…..30
1/13 Rick H. (Vero Beach, FL)…..2
1/13 Dennis B. (Northport, FL)…..31
1/13 David S. (Boston, MA)…..34
1/14 Maria H. (New York, NY)…..26
1/14 Dot C. (Acton, MA)…..7
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC/Denver.CO)…..26
1/14 Glenda Mc. (Leesburg, FL)…..42
1/15 Bob W. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..37
1/15 Sue J. (Palm Coast, FL)…..10
1/15 Mike R. (Englewood, NJ)…..29
1/15 Steve D. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..8
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..15
1/16 Tree A. (San Anselmo, CA)…..31
1/17 Helen C. (Folkestone, UK)…..48
1/17 Scott M. (New York, NY)…..6
1/19 Rob W. (St Mary’s . GA) …..3
1/19 Rhonda L. (Stuart, FL)…..18
1/19 Carol L. (Aspen, CO)…..29
1/19 Alan S. (Hiawassee. GA)…..7
1/20 Paul M. (Shediac, NB, Canada)…..39
1/20 Peter G. (Scoudouc, NB, Canada)…..39
1/21 Levi S. (London, UK)…..5
1/21 Shane S. (Methuen, MA)…..1
1/21 Heather N. (Wylie,TX)…..23
1/21 Brian Mc. (Mahwah, NJ)…..36
1/22 Stacey C. (Austin, TX)…..13
1/22 Keith B. (Stuart, FL)…..22
1/22 Paul S. (Exeter, NH)…..2
1/23 Mike C. (Solon, OH)…..5
1/23 Susie S. (Legarto, TX)…..25
1/24 Paul B. (Newburyport, MA)…..34
1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY)…..
1/25 PJ C. (Bel Air, 28MD)…..5
1/25 Steve L. (Palm Coast, FL)…..2
1/25 Thomas Mac. (Airdrie, Scotland)…..31
1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT)…..5
1/27 Iris M. F. (Naples, FL)…..22
1/28 Karen Ann B. (Stuart, FL)…..1
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St Lucie, FL)…..44
1/30 Keith C. (Denham Springs, LA)…..11
1/30 Collen S. (Bedminster, NJ)…..2
1/31 Bob P. (Jacksonville, NC)…..36
1/31 Diane B. (Cape Cod, MA)…..27
1/31 Sandy W,  (East Hampton, NY)…..25

1688 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Four - "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

The most common symptoms of emotional insecurity are worry, anger, self-pity, and depression. These stem from causes which sometimes seem to be within us, and at other times to come from without. To take inventory in this respect we ought to consider carefully all personal relationships which bring continuous or recurring trouble. It should be remembered that this kind of insecurity may arise in any area where instincts are threatened. Questioning directed to this end might run like this: Looking at both past and present, what sex situations have caused me anxiety, bitterness, frustration, or depression? Appraising each situation fairly, can I see where I have been at fault? Did these perplexities beset me because of selfishness or unreasonable demands? Or, if my disturbance was seemingly caused by the behavior of others, why do I lack the ability to accept conditions I cannot change? These are the sort of fundamental inquiries that can disclose the source of my discomfort and indicate whether I may be able to alter my own conduct and so adjust myself serenely to self-discipline.

p. 52


Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

When we first came into A.A., a sober life seemed
strange. We wondered what life could possibly be like
without ever taking a drink. At first, a sober life
seemed unnatural. But the longer we're in A.A., the more
natural this way of life seems. And now we know that the
life we're living in A.A., the sobriety, the fellowship,
the faith in God, and the trying to help each other, is
the most natural way we could possibly live. Do I believe
it's the way God wants me to live?

Meditation For The Day

I will learn to overcome myself, because every blow to
selfishness is used to shape the real, eternal,
unperishable me. As I overcome myself, I gain that power
which God releases in my soul. And I too will be
victorious. It is not the difficulties of life that I
have to conquer, so much as my own selfishness.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may obey God and walk with Him and listen
to Him. I pray that I may strive to overcome my own
selfishness.


Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\  ~~  /)
(     \(AA)/     )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Surrender

Such is the paradox of A.A. regeneration: strength arising out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one's old life as a condition for finding a new one. But we of A.A. do not have to understand that paradox; we have only to be grateful for it. 
Bill W.
c. 1957, 1985 AAWS
Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, p. 46

Thought to Consider . . . .

We surrender to win
*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B O G G L E
Bad Or Good, God Loves Everyone








Daily Reflection

NO REGRETS
We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 83

Once I became sober, I began to see how wasteful my life
had been and I experienced overwhelming guilt and
feelings of regret. The program's Fourth and Fifth Steps
assisted me enormously in healing those troubling regrets. I
learned that my self-centeredness and dishonesty stemmed
largely from my drinking and that I drank because I was an
alcoholic. Now I see how even my most distasteful past
experiences can turn to gold because, as a sober alcoholic, I
can share them to help my fellow alcoholics, particularly
newcomers. Sober for several years in A.A., I no longer
regret the past; I am simply grateful to be conscious of
God's love and of the help I can give to others in the
Fellowship.



Pot Luck   



"Serenity is paying attention to what I’m doing right now."

I have a mind that races ahead of where I am, plans outcomes, anticipates obstacles, and prepares for the worst. It’s a busy mind. If it’s not in the future, then it’s reviewing the past, coming up with wouldas, shouldas, and couldas. Drinking offered a respite from this obsessiveness, and for a few hours I was mostly concerned with what was happening in the present. But then my bottom forced me to get sober, and even in the program I found I still had a restless mind.

My endless thoughts wouldn’t let me alone during early sobriety. I woke up in fear, worried most of the day, and at night I’d lie awake imagining dark futures fueled by what ifs. Thank God for my sponsor and the fellowship. They had many suggestions, like when they told me to keep the Big Book at my bedside because reading a few pages would definitely put me to sleep. It worked! They also taught me about being of service, prayer, and building my spiritual tool kit. That all worked—when I worked it.

Many years have passed, and while I’m recovered from the obsession to drink, my mind still likes to get into the future and look for danger. This is the path to insanity for me. Thankfully, I’m much better at reining it back in and focusing it on what I’m doing, what I have, and how fortunate I am right now. I have more than I need to be happy, joyous, and free. And most of all, I have a God of my own understanding, and I have serenity in the here and now. How’s that for the future I used to worry about?

Wisdom of the Rooms






Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/



ARCHIVES

*NEW*
GUIDED MEDITATION
http://bit.ly/2Ogwe9v


An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/




Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter



AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015




Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22




Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room



To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON









No comments:

Post a Comment