Friday, October 11, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.12.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday October 12, 2019

From Princeton, WV


"If you can find a path with no obstacles,
it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
~Frank Clark

Screwing up is not the worst thing in the world.  
It's much worse if you never tried at all.
May God bless you with effort and daring.
May you know how to pick yourself up and try again.
May you be okay with mistakes and failure and use them as ways to improve.
That's all anyone wants. That's all God wants.
~Prayables

"You will never change your life
until you change something you do daily."
--Mike Murdock

“I can say no to a lot of things I’m not interested in. All
 the people-pleasing activities I used to engage in, I can cut out now.
That gives me time to do the truly helpful, gut-warming little things,
just because they need doing and I truly care.
I have time to work my program.”
~Grapevine: Houston, Texas, June 1976

Big Book Quote

"Everybody nowadays, believes in scores of assumptions for which
there is good evidence, but no perfect visual proof. And does not
science demonstrate that visual proof is the weakest proof? It is
being constantly revealed, as mankind studies the material world,
that outward appearances are not inward reality at all."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 48~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

Sheldon F. and DON L.
USUAL SUSPECTS
Ormond Beach 2019
CD #2


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/3 Charlie E. (Chicago, IL)…..7
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, WA)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/8 Linda G. (Lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/9 Marcel B. (Memramcook, NB, Canada)…..8
10/9 Xavier F. (Greenwich, CT)…..6
10/9 Glen O. (Montague, MA)…..28
10/10 Sharon B. (Clermont, FL)…..2
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/12 Chris M. (Clark, NJ)…..32
10/12 Michael C. (Cordes Lakes, AZ)…..30
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/13 Don C. (Evanston, IL)…..48
10/13 Robert L. (Denver, NC)…..18
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..8
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/21 Sue T. (Flanders, NJ)…..6
10/22 Betsy H.  (Corpus Christi, TX)…..9
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/23 James D. (NYC, NY)…..42
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/25 Brittney B. (San Diego, CA)…..10
10/25 Charlie p. (Iceland)…..32
10/26 Niall H. (Dublin, Ireland)…..27
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Craig B. (Memphis, TN)…..8
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/29 LauraLea K. (Leesburg, FL)…..8
10/30 Bob H. (Barnardsville, NC)…..31

1019 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Twelve - "Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities."

As the A.A. groups multiplied, so did anonymity problems. Enthusiastic over the spectacular recovery of a brother alcoholic, we'd sometimes discuss those intimate and harrowing aspects of his case meant for his sponsor's ear alone. The aggrieved victim would then rightly declare that his trust had been broken. When such stories got into circulation outside of A.A., the loss of confidence in our anonymity promise was severe. It frequently turned people from us. Clearly, every A.A. member's name--and story, too---had to be confidential, if he wished. This was our first lesson in the practical application of anonymity.

p. 185

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Am I still on a "free ride" in A.A.?
Am I all get and no give? Do I go to meetings and
always sit in the back row and let others do all the work?
Do I think it's enough just because I'm sober and can rest on my laurels?
If so, I haven't gone very far in the program,
nor am I getting nearly enough of what it has to offer.
I will be a weak member until I get in there and help carry the load.
 I must eventually get off the bench and get into the game.
I'm not just a spectator; I'm supposed to be one of the team.
Do I go in there and carry the ball?

Meditation For The Day

Try to be thankful for whatever vision you have.
Try to perform, in the little things,
faithful service to God and others.
Do your small part every day in a spirit of service to
God. Be a doer of God's word, not a hearer only.
In your daily life try to keep faith with
God. Every day brings a new opportunity to be of some use.
Even when you are tempted to rest or let things go or to evade the issue,
make it a habit to meet the issue squarely as
a challenge and not to hold back.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may perform each task faithfully.
I pray that I may meet each issue of life
squarely and not hold back.

Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(AA)/     )
(_ /AA\ _)
/AA\
^*^*^*^*^
Willingness

"My friend suggested what then seemed a novel idea. He said, 'Why don't you choose your own conception of God?' That statement hit me hard. It melted the icy intellectual mountain in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many years. I stood in the sunlight at last. It was only a matter of being willing to believe in a Power greater than myself. Nothing more was required of me to make my beginning."
c. 1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 12
 
Thought to Consider . . .

The peaks and valleys of my life have become gentle rolling hills.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B A T H
Behavior, Attitude, Thinking, and Habits







Daily Reflection

CURBING RASHNESS
When we speak or act hastily or rashly, the ability to be
fair-minded and tolerant evaporates on the spot.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 91

Being fair-minded and tolerant is a goal toward which I
must work daily. I ask God, as I understand Him, to help
me to be loving and tolerant to my loved ones, and to those
with whom I am in close contact. I ask for guidance to curb
my speech when I am agitated, and I take a moment to
reflect on the emotional upheaval my words may cause,
not only to someone else, but also to myself. Prayer,
meditation and inventories are the key to sound thinking
and positive action for me.



Pot Luck

If you can’t love it…
Eat it…
Wear it…
Sleep with it…
Make peace with it…
Gain strength from it…
Find joy in it…
The time has come to
Let it Go!

LOVE…above all things,

Patti Locascio








Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment