Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Your Daily Reprieve 10.02.19




Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday October 2, 2019

From Waynesville, NC



“Spirituality for me is not a question of feeling good
(though feeling good is a feeling I like a whole lot).
Instead it is a matter of finding from prayer and meditation,
from other people, from meetings -- in short, from all the ‘tools of recovery’
-- the power to do what is good, what is healthy,
what brings joy and healing to myself and others.”
~Grapevine: West Henrietta, New York, September 1990

We cannot change anything until we accept it.
Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.
~ Carl Jung 

“There is unpanned gold in every soul you run into,
no matter what walk of life they are from.”
~Robert Downey, Jr.

Our attitudes control our lives.
Attitudes are a secret power
working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad.
It is of paramount importance that we know how
to harness and control this great force.
~Irving Berlin


Big Book Quote

Psychologists are inclined to agree with us. We have spent
thousands of dollars for examinations. We know but few instances
where we have given these doctors a fair break. We have seldom told them the whole truth nor have we followed their advice. Unwilling to be honest with these sympathetic men, we were honest with no one else. Small wonder many in the medical profession have a low opinion of alcoholics and their chance for recovery.

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 73~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

UNCLE BOBBY HOWES
Gold County Roundup
California
09.09.1989


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!
Send your sober date to txm1@comcast.net


YOUR NAME
YOUR LOCATION
YEARS SOBER
6/10 (mo/day)
Bob S
Akron, OH
83

It will look like this :
6/10 Bob S. (Akron, OH).....84

October 2019 Miracles

10/1 Jigar D. (Mumbai, India)…..1
10/1 Mary H. (Andover, MA)…..31
10/1 Michael B. (Fort Salonga, NY)…..14
10/1 Michael A. (Shelter Island, NY)…..9
10/2 Armand the Chicken Man (Smithfield, RI)…..61
10/2 Dave R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..8
10/3 Chris H. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..29
10/4 Mary R. (Averill Park, NY)…..22
10/4 Bev V. (Exeter, NH)…..27
10/6 Georgia H. (Kittery, ME)…..23
10/6 Anne M. (East Hampton, NY)…..15
10/6 Dick H. (Milford, MA)…..28
10/6 Russ W. (Milford, CT)…..6
10/6 Annette L. (Dothan, AL)…..27
10/6 Nancy G. (Port Orchard, NY)…..14
10/7 Donna C. (Punta Gorda, FL)…..44
10/8 Linda G. (lake Placid, NY)…..41
10/8 Meredith R. (Brunswick, GA)…..7
10/11 Cigar Bob (Hampton Beach, NH/Cocoa Beach, FL)…..22
10/11 Ray H. (Hermitage, TN)…..9
10/13 Angie T. (Dorset, UK)…..15
10/14 Carol H. (Glen Cove, NY)…..34
10/14 Scott S. (Brookfield, WI)…..7
10/15 Marianne M. (Hampton, NH)…..23
10/17 Michele F. (Moultrie, GA)…..14
10/19 Ray S. (Covington, LA)…..31
10/19 Don T. (National City, MI)…..19
10/20 Caroline J. (Stuart, FL)…..2
10/23 Britton W. (Raleigh, NC)…..2
10/25 Robyn M. (Delray Beach, FL)…..30
10/25 David C. (Syracuse, NY)…..13
10/25 Mimi G. (NY,NY)…..10
10/28 Kelly G. (Morristown, NJ)…..2
10/28 Diane J. (Portland, OR)…..28
10/26 Bryce H. (NYC)…..1

0669 Total Years of Sobriety


12&12

Tradition Eleven - "Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."

Therefore, a great responsibility fell upon us to develop the best possible public relations policy for Alcoholics Anonymous. Through many painful experiences, we think we have arrived at what that policy ought to be. It is the opposite in many ways of usual promotional practice. We found that we had to rely upon the principle of attraction rather than of promotion.

pp. 180-181

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

What makes an effective talk at an A.A. meeting? It is not a
fine speech with fine choices of words and an impressive
delivery. Often a few simple words direct from the heart are
more effective than the most polished speech. There is always
a temptation to speak beyond your experience, in order to
make a good impression. This is never effective. What does not
come from the heart does not reach the heart. What comes from
personal experience and a sincere desire to help the other
person, reaches the heart. Do I speak for effect or with a deep
desire to help?

Meditation For The Day

"Thy will be done" must be your oft-repeated prayer. And in
the willing of God's will there should be gladness. You should
delight to do that will because when you do, all your life goes
right and everything tends to work out for you in the long run.
When you are honestly trying to do God's will and humbly
accepting the results, nothing can seriously hurt you. He who
accepts the will of God in his life may not inherit the earth,
but he will inherit real peace of mind.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may have a yielded will.
I pray that my will be attuned to the will of God.


Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA\ _)
/
AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Comfort

"When I am feeling depressed, I repeat to myself statements such as these: 'Pain is the touchstone of progress.' . . . 'Fear no evil.' . . . 'This, too, will pass.' . . . 'This experience can be turned to benefit.' These fragments of prayer bring far more than comfort. They keep me on the track of right acceptance; they break up my compulsive themes of guilt, depression, rebellion, and pride; and sometimes they endow me with the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Bill W., AA Grapevine, March 1962
c. 1967 AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 110


Thought to Consider . . . 

G
od enters us through our wounds.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

H E L P
Hope, Encouragement, Love, and Patience







Daily Reflection

"THE ACID TEST"
As we work the first nine Steps, we prepare ourselves for
the adventure of a new life. But when we approach Step Ten
we commence to put our A.A. way of living to practical use,
day by day, in fair weather or foul Then comes the acid
test: can we stay sober, keep in emotional balance, and live
to good purpose under all conditions?
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 88

I know the Promises are being fulfilled in my life, but I
want to maintain and develop them by the daily application
of Step Ten. I have learned through this Step that if I am
disturbed, there is something wrong with me. The other
person may be wrong too, but I can only deal with my
feelings. When I am hurt or upset, I have to continually
look for the cause in me, and then I have to admit and
correct my mistakes. It isn't easy, but as long as I know I
am progressing spiritually, I know that I can mark my effort
up as a job well done. I have found that pain is a friend; it
lets me know there is something wrong with my emotions,
just as a physical pain lets me know there is something
wrong with my body. When I take the appropriate action
through the Twelve Steps, the pain gradually goes away.



Pot Luck

"I’m in the action business, and God is in the results business."

I was at my local coffee shop last week, and I ran into a friend who is in the program. He asked me how I was doing, and I told him how overwhelmed and scared I felt about some upcoming medical tests. He reminded me that there are some things I can control, and some things I can’t. As soon as he said this, I felt a great relief because I realized immediately that I had been trying to control everything again.

Before recovery, that is how I lived my life. I planned everything, took massive action, and then I tried to control all the results. It was exhausting living that way, but without a Higher Power in my life, I didn’t dare let go of anything. What a gift (and relief!) it was to learn that my real role in life is to just suit up and show up, and then let God take care of the results.

As we kept talking, he reminded me that all I had to do was take the next indicated action, and then turn it over. When I looked at it this way, I was comforted because I knew I could control setting the next appointment, or taking the next test, and as I released the results I released the tension and worry as well. What a gift it is to live this way, and when I worry these days, I remind myself that I am in the action business, and God is in the results business.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On


Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

*NEW*
An On-Line Study Resource

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: sober@yourdailyreprieve.com
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey (2014)

2015



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations


Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings
{Under Reconstruction}

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
Skype txmurphy


405 Winchester Creek Rd
Waynesville, NC
28786

PASS IT ON







No comments:

Post a Comment