Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 02.22.17



Your Daily Reprieve for Wednesday February 22 ,  2017

From Stuart. FL


"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance
- it is the illusion of knowledge."
-- Daniel I. Boors

Patience is not just the ability to wait,
it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.
~Joyce Meyer

We take care of the future best
by taking care of the present now.
~Jon Kabat-Zinn

Life Is An Echo
What you send out - comes back.
What you sow - you reap.
What you give - you get.
What you see in others - exists in you.
Remember, Life is an Echo.
It always gets back to you.
~Anonymous

"The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy."
Florence Scovel Shinn

Big Book Quote

"More than most people, the alcoholic leads a double life. He is very
much the actor. To the outer world he presents his stage character.
This is the one he likes his fellows to see. He wants to enjoy a
certain reputation, but knows in his heart he doesn't deserve it."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 73~




Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BILL DOTSON
AA #3
Canton, OH
1951


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

February 2017 Anniversaries

2/1 Gilly L. (West Sussex, UK).....17
2/1 Michael S. (Budd Lake, NJ).....7
2/1 Sean D. (Ithaca, NY).....9
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY).....34
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM).....20
2/3 Emmanuel Z. (Pensacola, FL).....3
2/4 Bob F. (Larchmont, NY).....2
2/4 Pam S. (North Hollywood, CA).....30
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH).....8
2/5 Maureen B. (Locust Valley, NY).....28
2/6 Vanessa G. (Stuart/Celebration/Stone Harbor).....21
2/6 Dale W. ().....10
2/6 Paul K (S.H., Ma., Cape Cod, Key Largo)...33
2/6 Michael N. (NYC, NY).....8
2/7 Lorin C. (E. Sandwich, MA).....20
2/7 Greg K. (Newburyport, MA).....3
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ).....29
2/7 Chick B. (Salt Lake City, UT).....17
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa, FL).....40
2/8 Greg J. (Nortport, FL).....2
2/8 Carrie T. (Oakville, Ontario, CA).....20
2/8 Shane G, (Los Angeles, CA).....6
2/9 Darlene A. (Largo, FL).....23
2/9 Jason G. (Costa Rica/British Columbia).....3
2/10 Judson G. (Fort Lauderdale/NYC).....48
2/10 Kay H. (Palmyra/Lake Monticello, VA).....28
2/10 Collette C. (Nantucket, MA).....9
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ).....3
2/11 Steve B. (Kittery/Beverly).....37
2/11 Tim S. (Charlotte, NC).....5
2/11 Kelly N. (Rockville, MD)......33
2/12 Betty P. (Valparaiso, IN).....33
2/12 Bob J. (Harrison, NY).....3
2/13 Tom B. (LaPointe, WI).....28
2/14 Richard B. (Northport, FL).....7
2/14 Dick P. (Port Char;otte, FL).....43
2/14 Danny S. (Rumson, NJ).....24
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK).....12
2/15 John T.   (Tortola / Westport CT.)......30
2/15 Stephen Y. (Jakarta, Indonesia).....29
2/15 Zach G. (Plymouth, MI).....7
2/15 Nancy P. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....1
2/16 Noel S. (Harrison, NY).....8
2/16 Nancy B. (Northport, FL).....34
2/16 Clarence Mc (Port Charlotte, FL).....42
2/17 Jamie R. (Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA).....2
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH).....39
2/17 James "Woody" W.  (Michigan City, In).....34
2/17 Pete R. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....6
2/17 Luke R. (Hilton Head, SC).....16
2/18 Laura S. (Jacksonville, FL).....19
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL).....15
2/18 Mike P. (Elmont, NY).....25
2/18 Scott W. (Hopewell, NJ).....33
2/18 Allan C. (N. Andover, MA).....6
2/20 Mark P. (Port Charlotte/Venice, FL).....2
2/20 Jackie M. (Basking Ridge, NJ).....11
2/20 Amanda A. (Lyme, CT).....2
2/20 Cami M. (Minden, LA).....7
2/20 Jay S. (Palm City, FL).....6
2/20 Shabbir A. (Mumbai, India).....34
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA0.....24
2/21 Fred D. (Port Washington, NY).....13
2/22 Marshall T. (Nantucket/Venice, FL).....19
2/22 Michael W. (Key West, FL).....10
2/22 Cyndi C. (Whitehouse, NJ).....34
2/22 Casey Q. ManchVegas NH 24yrs
2/23 Scott J. (Apple Valley, CA).....3
2/24 Betsy W. (Osprey, FL).....28
2/24 Steph S. (St. Thomas, USVI).....9
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA).....36
2/27 Neil R. (Queens, NY).....3
2/28 Matthew M. (Pelham, NY).....7



1234 Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

Then perhaps life, as it has a way of doing, suddenly hands us a great big lump that we can't begin to swallow, let alone digest. We fail to get a worked-for promotion. We lose that good job. Maybe there are serious domestic or romantic difficulties, or perhaps that boy we thought God was looking after becomes a military casualty.
What then? Have we alcoholics in A.A. got, or can we get, the resources to meet these calamities which come to so many? These were problems of life which we could never face up to. Can we now, with the help of God as we understand Him, handle them as well and as bravely as our nonalcoholic friends often do? Can we transform these calamities into assets, sources of growth and comfort to ourselves and those about us? Well, we surely have a chance if we switch from "two-stepping" to "twelve-stepping," if we are willing to receive that grace of God which can sustain and strengthen us in any catastrophe.

p. 113

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

Now we can take an inventory of the good things that have
come to us through A.A. To begin with, we're sober today.
That's the biggest asset on any alcoholic's books.
Sobriety to us is like good-will in business. Everything
else depends on that. Most of us have jobs, which we owe
to our sobriety. We know we couldn't hold these jobs if
we were drinking, so our jobs depend on our sobriety.
Most of us have families, wives and children, which either
we had lost or might have lost, if we hadn't stopped
drinking. We have friends in A.A., real friends who are
always ready to help us. Do I realize that my job, my family
and my real friends are dependent upon my sobriety?

Meditation For The Day

I must trust God to the best of my ability. This lesson
has to be learned. My doubts and fears continually drive
me back into the wilderness. Doubts lead me astray, because
I am not trusting God. I must trust God's love. It will
never fail me, but I must learn not to fail it by my doubts
and fears. We all have much to learn in turning out fear by
faith. All our doubts arrest God's work through us. I must
not doubt. I must believe in God and continually work at
strengthening my faith.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may live the way God wants me to live. I pray
that I may get into that stream of goodness in the world.


Daily Thought
​​^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Let Go

If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it -- then you are ready to take certain steps. At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.
c. 2001 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 58

Thought to Consider . . .

W
hen I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

G I F T S
Getting It From The Steps



Daily Reflection

GUIDANCE

. . . this means a belief in a Creator who is all power,
justice, and love; a God who intends for me a purpose, a
meaning, and a destiny to grow, however . . . haltingly,
toward His own likeness and image.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 51

As I began to understand my own powerlessness and my
dependence on God, as I understand Him, I began to see
that there was a life which, if I could have it, I would have
chosen for myself from the beginning. It is through the
continuing work of the Steps and the life in the Fellowship
that I've learned to see that there is truly a better way into
which I am being guided. As I come to know more about
God, I am able to trust His ways and His plans for the
development of His character in me. Quickly or not so
quickly, I grow toward His own image and likeness.



Pot Luck

"We may be powerless, but we're not helpless."

Accepting that I was powerless over people, places and things was a concept I rebelled against on almost every level in the beginning. Before recovery, I labored under the belief that I could not only control others (especially those I loved and cared for), but that it was my duty to do so. Despite the fact that it rarely worked, I stubbornly persisted, frustrating myself and irritating and alienating those I was trying to control - er, I mean help.

When I entered Al-Anon, I was told that the reason I had been unable to influence, help or control another was because I was in fact powerless over other people, places and things. "If that's true, then there is absolutely no hope for this situation!" I thought. Accepting this was contrary to everything I believed and meant complete defeat and sure ruin. What was I to do?

By working my program, I soon learned that surrendering to this powerlessness was actually the gateway to a new freedom. Once the untenable burden of controlling or fixing others was lifted, I was suddenly free to invest my energy where I did have some power and influence - over my own life. And that's when I realized I was no longer helpless to really fix my life and situation. 

Today I understand and truly appreciate that I may be powerless, but I'm not helpless. 












Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment