Thursday, February 2, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 02.02.17



Your Daily Reprieve for Thursday February  2,  2017

From Stuart. FL


The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball -- the further I am rolled the more I gain. ~Susan B  Anthony

"Gratitude releases us from the 'Gimmies'.
 If there is to be any peace,
it will come through being, not having.
--Henry Miller

"Manifest plainness,
Embrace simplicity,
Reduce selfishness,
Have few desires.
--Lao-tzu

"I try to accept reality instead of trying to control it.
When I make that adjustment, the struggle ends."
~Grapevine: El Granada, Calif., March 2003

"It is the Law that any difficulties that can come to you at any time, no matter what they are, must be exactly what you need most at the moment, to enable you to take the next step forward by overcoming them.  The only real misfortune, the only real tragedy, comes when we suffer without learning the lesson."
~Emmet Fox


"The middle of the road is where the white line is,
and that's the worst place to drive."
- Robert Frost



Big Book Quote

"When the spiritual malady is overcome,
we straighten out mentally and
physically."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, Page 64~






Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

CONRAD


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

February 2017 Anniversaries

2/1 Gilly L. (West Sussex, UK).....17
2/1 Michael S. (Budd Lake, NJ).....7
2/1 Sean D. (Ithaca, NY).....9
2/2 Brad M. (Westfield, NY).....34
2/3 Meredith T. (Santa Fe, NM).....20
2/3 Emmanuel P. (Pensacola, FL).....3
2/4 Bob F. (Larchmont, NY).....2
2/4 Pam S. (North Hollywood, CA).....30
2/5 Jane S. (Newfound Lake, NH).....8
2/6 Dale W. ().....10
2/6 Paul K (S.H., Ma., Cape Cod, Key Largo)...33.
2/7 Lorin C. (E. Sandwich, MA).....20
2/7 Greg K. (Newburyport, MA).....3
2/7 Macs S. (Scottsdale, AZ).....29
2/8 Patti L. (Tampa, FL).....40
2/9 Jason G. (Costa Rica/British Columbia).....3
2/10 Collette C. (Nantucket, MA).....9
2/10 Howard S. (Colonia, NJ).....3
2/11 Steve B. (Kittery/Beverly).....37
2/11 Tim S. (Charlotte, NC).....5
2/12 Betty P. (Valparaiso, IN).....33
2/13 Tom B. (LaPointe, WI).....28
2/15 Josh D. (Bath, UK).....12
2/17 Jamie R. (Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA).....2
2/17 David H. (Rye, NH).....39
2/18 Laura S. (Jacksonville, FL).....19
2/18 Jim P. (Jacksonville, FL).....15
2/18 Mike P. (Elmont, NY).....25
2/20 Mark P. (Port Charlotte/Venice, FL).....2
2/21 Mike D. (Nantucket, MA0.....24
2/22 Cyndi C. (Whitehouse, NJ).....34
2/24 Betsy W. (Osprey, FL).....28
2/25 Judy S. (Los Angeles, CA).....36


0529   Total Years of Sobriety




12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

Perhaps one of the greatest rewards of meditation and prayer is the sense of belonging that comes to us. We no longer live in a completely hostile world. We are no longer lost and frightened and purposeless. The moment we catch even a glimpse of God's will, the moment we begin to see truth, justice, and love as the real and eternal things in life, we are no longer deeply disturbed by all the seeming evidence to the contrary that surrounds us in purely human affairs. We know that God lovingly watches over us. We know that when we turn to Him, all will be well with us, here and hereafter.

p. 105

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

We got a kick out of the first few drinks, before we got stupefied by
alcohol. For a while, the world seemed to look brighter. But how
about the letdown, the terrible depression that comes the morning
after? In A.A., we get a real kick, not a false feeling of exhilaration,
but a real feeling of satisfaction with ourselves and self-respect. And
a feeling of friendliness toward the world. We got a sort of pleasure
from drinking. For a while we thought we were happy. But it's only an
illusion. The hangover the next day is the opposite of pleasure. In
A.A., am I getting real pleasure and serenity and peace?

Meditation For The Day

I will practice love, because lack of love will block the way. I will try
to see good in all people, those I like and also those who fret me and
go against the grain. They are all children of God. I will try to give
love, otherwise how can I dwell in God's spirit, whence nothing
unloving can come? I will try to get along with all people, because the
more love I give away, the more I will have.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may do all I can to love others, in spite of
their many faults. I pray that as I love, so will I be loved.


Daily Thought
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Vigilance

Deliver us from temptation must continue to be a prime ingredient of our every attitude, practice, and prayer. When things go well, we must never fall into the error of believing that no great ill can possibly befall us. Nor should we accuse ourselves of "negative thinking" when we insist on facing the destructive forces in and around us, both realistically and effectively. Vigilance will always be the price of survival.
Bill W., November 1960
c. 1988 AAGrapevine, The Language of the Heart, pp. 316-17


Thought to Consider . . .

Adversity introduces us to ourselves

*~*AACRONYMS*~*
P E A C E
Providing Experienced Attitude Changes Every day.


Daily Reflection

RESCUED BY SURRENDERING

Characteristic of the so-called typical alcoholic is a
narcissistic egocentric core, dominated by feelings of
omnipotence, intent on maintaining at all costs its inner
integrity. . . . Inwardly the alcoholic brooks no control from
man or God He, the alcoholic, is and must be the master of
his destiny. He will fight to the end to preserve that
position.
A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 311
The great mystery is: "Why do some of us die alcoholic
deaths, fighting to preserve the 'independence' of our ego,
while others seem to sober up effortlessly in A.A.?" Help
from a Higher Power, the gift of sobriety, came to me when
an otherwise unexplained desire to stop drinking coincided
with my willingness to accept the suggestions of the men
and women of A.A. I had to surrender, for only by reaching
out to God and my fellows could I be rescued.



Pot Luck

The readiness is all.
--William Shakespeare

Newcomer


I went to two different Step meetings this week, in different parts of town, and both of them were on the Fourth Step. I keep hearing that "there are no coincidences." Does this mean I'm supposed to start the Fourth Step now? How do I know if I'm ready?

Sponsor

First of all, I'm glad to hear that you're going to Step meetings, and I encourage you to keep it up. Your willingness has brought you a long way already, and it continues to be the key.

In approaching a new Step, I find it useful to ask myself if I've taken the Steps that precede it in a complete, whole-hearted way.

I review Step One and remember why I'm on this path of recovery in the first place: addiction brought me to spiritual depths I don't want to sink to again.

Reviewing Step Two reminds me that I'm not alone, and that I have faith that I'll be given what I need to become a whole and free person again.

Step Three reminds me that I've made a decision. I'm willing to do what's necessary for recovery and to trust the process. I remember that I only have to do my part; my progress in recovery isn't entirely up to me. My Higher Power will do the rest. When I reach Step Four, I trust that in the process of writing about the events of my addictive life, I'll be taken care of.

Today, I bring willingness and an open mind to the next stop in my recovery. I relax and trust that I am not alone.

You are reading from the book:










Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment