Saturday, January 21, 2017

Your Daily Reprieve 01.21.17



Your Daily Reprieve for Saturday  January  21,  2017

From Stuart. FL


Today, help me God, to let go of my resistance to change. Help me to be open to the process. Help me believe that the place I will be dropped off will be better than the place I was picked up. Help me to surrender, trust and accept, even if I don't understand. ~Melody Beattie


"The AA message does not carry itself; somebody must carry it."
~Grapevine: " Jackson, Miss., November 1964


"Fearlessness is not the absence of fear.
It's the mastery of fear.
It's about getting up one more time than we fall down."
--Arianna Huffington

People with good intentions make promises.
But people with good character keep them.
~Anonymous


How cool is it that the same God who created oceans, mountains, and galaxies, decided that the world needed one of you too? May you be blessed to know you are uniquely special to God, humanity, and to the future of all that is good on this planet. ~Prayables


Big Book Quote

 
"...I would enter upon a new relationship with my Creator; that I
would have the elements of a way of living which answered all my
problems. Belief in the power of God, plus enough willingness,
honesty and humility to establish and maintain the new order of
things, were the essential requirements."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, Page 13~





Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

BILL FEELY
Timonium, MD


Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes






Celebrate Your Anniversary Here
SHOW NEWCOMERS HOW IT WORKS!!

January 2017 Anniversaries

1/1 Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ) ..... 33
1/1 Joanie R. (Bedminster, NJ).....15
1/1 Deirdre K. (Baskin Ridge, NJ).....12
1/1 Dorothy D. (Fayetteville, NC).....16
1/1 Joan B.  (Port Charlotte, FL) ..... 28
1/1 Boston Steve K. (Boston/Stuart, FL) ..... 19
1/1 John S. (Naples, FL).....28
1/2 Gregory B. (New York, NY).....5
1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL).....39
1/3 Kare B. (Boston, MA).....33
1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX).....5
1/6 Ann OK (Stuart, FL/Greenwich, CT).....38
1/6 George R. (Statham, NH) ..... 5
1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL) ..... 11
1/6 Richard F. (Annapolis, MD).....2
1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ).....19
1/7 Kate N. (Calgary, Canada).....7
1/8 Alan J. (Roscoe, NY).....9
1/8 Jolly Lou (Tortola, BVI).....4
1/9 Tefft S. (Washington, DC) ..... 32
1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY).....17
1/10 Kelly P. (Methuen, MA)..... 28
1/10 Sara M. (NYC, NY).....4
1/10 Janice E. (Corpus Christi, TX).....17
1/10 Tim S. (Rownhams, UK).....11
1/11 Dannielle T. New York, NY).....25
1/12 David F. (Invermere, BC).....4
1/12 Shahab N.  (Bethesda, MD).....14
1/13 David S. (Boston, MA).....31
1/13 Debra G. (Culebra, PR).....2
1/13 Robbi H. [G.V.D.] (Pt.Char.FL/VA ).....35
1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY) ..... 4
1/13 Padraic O’R. (Whistler, BC).....4
1/13 Ken R. (Boston, MA).....14
1/14 Dot C. (Acton, MA) ..... 4
1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC).....23
1/15 Mike R. (Englewood, NJ/Culebra, PR).....26
1/15 Kate P. (Nantucket, MA).....1
1/15 Steve D. (Bernardsville, NJ).....5
1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO).....12
1/16 Tree A. (San Anselmo, CA).....28
1/17 Scott M. (NYC, NY).....3
1/17 Steve P. (Massachusetts).....1
1/17 Helen C. (Dover, UK).....45
1/19 Rhonda L. (Stuart, FL).....15
1/19 Carol L. (Aspen/NYC).....26
1/20 Jeff L. (Portsmouth, NH).....3
1/20 Elizabeth J. (Longwood, FL).....30
1/20 Deryn K. (Seymour, TN).....24
*Nancy S. (Nantucket, MA).....61*
1/21 Robbie R. (Bernardsville, NJ).....4
1/22 Stacy C. (New York, NY).....10
1/22 Lindsay (Randolph, MA).....2
1/24 Paul B. (Newburyport, MA).....31
1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY) ..... 25
1/24 Melanie K, (New York City, NY).....6
1/25 Sonja C. (San Diego, CA).....7
1/25 Thomas m. Airdrie, Scotland).....28
1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT).....2
1/28 Howard G.( Winter Garden, FL).....20
1/28 Lisa G. (Manasquan, NJ).....5
1/28 Bill S. (Horseheads, NY).....28
1/29 Sandra C. (Port St, Lucie, FL).....41
1/30 Sandra W. (Easthampton, NY).....21
1/31 Diane B. (Cape Cod, MA).....24

1016  Total Years of Sobriety



12&12

Step Eleven - "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

When, by such simple devices, we have placed ourselves in a mood in which we can focus undisturbed on constructive imagination, we might proceed like this:
Once more we read our prayer, and again try to see what its inner essence is. We'll think now about the man who first uttered the prayer. First of all, he wanted to become a "channel." Then he asked for the grace to bring love, forgiveness, harmony, truth, faith, hope, light, and joy to every human being he could.

pp. 100-101

Twenty-Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

To grasp the A.A. program, we have to think things out. Saint Paul
said: "They are transformed by the renewing of their minds." We have
to learn to think straight. We have to change from alcoholic thinking
to sober thinking. We must build up a new way of looking at things.
Before we came into A.A., we wanted an artificial life of excitement
and everything that goes with drinking. That kind of life looked normal
to us then. But as we look back now, that life looks the exact
opposite of normal. In fact, it looks most abnormal. We must reeducate
our minds. Am I changing from an abnormal thinker to a normal
thinker?

Meditation For The Day

I will take the most crowded day without fear. I believe that God is
with me and controlling all. I will let confidence be the motif running
through all the crowded day. I will not get worried, because I know
that God is my helper. Underneath are the everlasting arms. I will
rest in them, even though the day be full of things crowded in upon
me.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may be calm and let nothing upset me. I pray that I may
not let material things control me and choke out spiritual things.



Daily Thought
​​^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Satisfaction
No satisfaction has been deeper and no joy greater than in Twelfth Step job well done. To watch the eyes of men and Women with wonder as they move from darkness into light,to see their lives quickly fill with new purpose and meaning,to see whole families reassembled,to see the alcoholic outcast received back into his community in full citizenship, and above all to watch these people awaken to the presence of a loving God in their lives --these things are the substance of what we receive as we carry AA's message to the next alcoholic.
c. 1952 AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions,  p. 110

Thought to Consider . . .

I
keep my sobriety by giving it away.
*~*AACRONYMS*~*
C A R E
Comforting And Reassuring Each other



Daily Reflection

SERVING MY BROTHER

The member talks to the newcomer not in a spirit of power
but in a spirit of humility and weakness.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS COMES OF AGE p. 279

As the days pass in A.A., I ask God to guide my thoughts
and the words that I speak. In this labor of continuous
participation in the Fellowship, I have numerous
opportunities to speak. So I frequently ask God to help me
watch over my thoughts and my words, that they may be the
true and proper reflections of our program; to focus my
aspirations once again to seek His guidance; to help me be
truly kind and loving, helpful and healing, yet always filled
with humility, and free from any trace of arrogance.
Today I may very well have to deal with disagreeable
attitudes or utterances—the typical stock-in-trade attitude of
the still-suffering alcoholic. If this should happen, I will
take a moment to center myself in God, so that I will be able
to respond from a perspective of composure, strength and
sensibility.


Pot Luck

"If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it."

I came into the program with so much fear. I didn't even know how much fear dominated my life because I used drugs, alcohol, food, sex, people, anything I could to hide from it. As I began to get clean and sober, the fear bubbled up to the surface of my life and quickly manifested itself as anger, rage, irritability, discomfort and depression. I was not a happy camper in early recovery.

What amazed me about the people who would share in meetings was how they were able to walk through real life stuff that I thought would devastate me if I was faced with it. Deaths of those near to them, losing jobs, houses, spouses, illnesses, suffering, pain, etc. "How do they deal with all this and stay sober?" I wondered. "Where do they get the strength to face all this with peace, dignity and courage?

Today I know this courage comes from God. Today my fear has been replaced with faith in my Higher Power and I now know - from watching others and from my own experience of letting God lead me through my own difficulties - that I, too, can face life on life's terms and go through it all with peace, dignity and courage. 

Today I know the truth in the saying, "If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it."










*If you or a sponsee have never experienced the incredible energy and Unity of our Fellowship at a YPAA Conference, now is the time. Booking your hotel room at this amazing
hotel on Lake Winnipesaukee is absolutely FREE! Come join us and “Let your roots grasp new soil”!





Van Devender Middle School                                                         918 31st St, Parkersburg, WV 26104

More Information:
Call Corey C. 304-834-5513 or Brandi B. 304-893-4018


Online registration for the 2017 AA Convention is now open!

Register Here!

http://aaconvention.eventbee.com/event?eid=169348274




“THERE IS A SOLUTION”
3 DAYS OF BIG BOOK EXPERIENCE
June 23rd, 24th, 25th 2017
Presented by:
Worldly Traveled Big Book Technicians
Charlie P. and Katie P. from Austin Texas
A weekend adventure through the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
you won’t want to miss.
LOCATION: Watson Homestead, 9620 Dry Run Rd. Painted Post N.Y.




Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s
Sobriety First Media
AA CD’s Literature and tapes
*****

The Lights are On

AA Speaker Tapes

Recovery Speakers
http://recoveryspeakers.com/


ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home


Daily Meditations Archive

Blog
http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/



Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook
It is a PRIVATE GROUP
To be added, email: txm1@comcast.net
Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter


AA Membership Survey



Meditation Resources


*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music



Voice only

*****
Free Guided Meditations
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22



Resources

Great Minds Quotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

Twenty Four Hours a Day
Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics
throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),
this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.
A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.
Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

NEW!
Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:
Change Happens by Changing Your Perception
by Georgia Hughes


AA Photo Archives

Heard at A Meeting

Breast Cancer Site
Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER
America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group
and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

Prayables
http://prayables.org/



As We See It (AWSI)


Keep It Simple
Hazelden Meditations

ePrayer
http://www.eprayer.com/dailyinspiration.htm

Daily Thought

Speaker Recordings

Wisdom of the Room


To comment or to unsubscribe:

Tom Murphy
C 508.221.8896
H 772 219 2346
Skype txmurphy

222 SE Flamingo Ave
Stuart, Florida
34996

PASS IT ON





No comments:

Post a Comment